May 13-16 - Next years 4th-8th Graders
- 4:30 to 7pm in the main gym
May 20-23 - Next years 9th-12th Graders
- 3:30 to 6pm in the main gym
COST: $50 (includes a T-Shirt)
REGISTRATION: By mail, online, or on first day of camp (see flyer for details)
Camp Flyers are in the main office of your school or at Herriman High.
For more information: call Coach Tingey (801) 567-8556
Ray Allen was recently interviewed and asked to give tips on becoming a better shooter. He had some very good things to say, such as:
- Conditioning and repetition make a consistent A-level shot. He never goes to a gym and allows himself to shoot a C-level shot (no lift, bad form, crazy shots). He chooses to shoot every shot the exact same, no matter if it is a 15 foot jumper or a deep three.
- The main 2 components of a consistent shot are lift and release. When he warms up, he jumps just as high on his jump shots as when he does at the end of a game on a game winner.
- Everyone needs a method for getting their shot back on when it just seems a little off. Ray shoots free throws to get timing, balance, and release back to where it needs to be.
- Other components of a shot: hand position, head position, locked elbow, foot position
You can read the article here:
David Maynard (sophomore) was selected by the 4A coaches of the state to the 2nd Team All-State for 4A. He was also a 1st Team All-Region player as well. Great work David!
Z Arima was also recognized as being selected as a 2nd Team All-Region athlete as well. Congrats on a great Senior season Z!
What a crazy and exciting year. We have had ups and downs all season, disappointing games to incredible exhibitions of basketball. Key injuries seemed to show up a lot this year, from Tueni's unfortunate blow to the mouth early in the season all the way until the last game in the playoffs when we lost Alec early in the 2nd half to a bad ankle injury. Despite the lows, there were many bright spots. Young players were getting key minutes and responded well, showing the future is bright. The entire team really began to get their chemistry down and played very well together down the stretch, showing how dangerous they were by taking down the favored Highland Rams in the first round of the playoffs and nearly defeating Mountain Crest without an injured Alec Johnson. Congratulations to the Mustangs and a successful season. Thank you to Tueni, Francis, Z, and Mike for being great seniors!!
2012-'13 KEY MOMENTS
- Won the West Tournament (wins over West, Layton Christian, and Logan). Francis was named MVP and David was named 1st Team.
- Herriman went 0-3 in early January to lose by a total of 5 points. Each game came down to the last play.
- In a 2OT win over Murray, Herriman survived several clutch 3's by Murray to pull it out. David had a tough jumper to send it into 2OT and Francis made an elbow jumper at the buzzer to win it.
- Against Olympus, Alec Johnson hit spinning half court shot at the buzzer to send the game into OT.
- First Round of the 4A Playoffs vs. Highland. Herriman was the underdog but the entire game was close. With under a minute left, Z penetrated, spun back and kicked out to David for an open 3 to cut the lead to 1. After a free throw and a Highland foul putting the ball in front of the Herriman bench, Z lofted a pass into the paint to Tueni, who jab stepped and nailed a semi-contested elbow jumper with under 10 seconds to go in the game to tie the game up. Highland elected to just play but as they passed the ball in, Z knifed back and stole the inbounds pass. He immediately drove for the game winning layup, missing but drawing the foul. After pounding down both free throws and Highland missing a deep three at the buzzer, the Mustangs again celebrated a first round victory.
- Second Round of the 4A Playoffs vs. Mountain Crest. Herriman held the slight lead until early in the 2nd half, when Alec Johnson went down with a badly sprained ankle. Mountain Crest used their great athleticism and outside shooting to begin pulling away, until another late Herriman rally made things interesting down the stretch. Clutch free throw shooting put the Mustangs away for good though. Congrats again to our Mustangs on a great year.
12-Z Arima,15-Francis Bernard, 24-Tueni Lupeamanu, 25-Brendan Gamblin, 22-Mike Thueson, 20-Jake Sutton, 35-jordan Glauser, 45-Skylar Muterspaugh, 30-Stockton Enger, 40-Devin Wilkins, 23-David Maynard, 32-Alec Johnson, 10-Stanley Underwood, 33- Jake Sollis, 21- Matt Dykes.